Violations of the Code of Conduct on the CourseOptimist Junior Golf Withdrawal Policy
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including abusive language, club throwing, disrespect to volunteers, officials or fellow competitors, or abuse of golf course property.
- Use of drugs or alcohol, smoking or chewing tobacco products—a zero tolerance policy is in effect.
- Not adhering to the dress code during practice round or tournament play.
- Use of cell phones can only be used to notify a tournament official for a ruling or medical attention. Please make sure they are turned off during play. Headsets is strictly prohibited and may result in disqualification.
Violations of the Code of Conduct off the Course
- Any use or association with drugs or alcohol, smoking or chewing tobacco products—a zero tolerance policy is in effect.
- Vandalism at the hotel or its surrounding properties, abusive behavior to any volunteer or tournament official.
- Damages in any rooms will be the financial responsibility of the players occupying the room. Please report and accidental damage to your chaperone or at the tournament office.
- All players must comply with the tournament Curfew of 11 p.m. local time. You must be in your room by the Curfew and remain in your room for the remainder of the night unless accompanied by an adult chaperone, parent, or legal guardian. Nightly random room checks will be made.
- Leaving the resort property is not permitted unless accompanied by an adult chaperone, parent, or guardian.
- Gambling is not permitted. Any games involving the exchange of money are strictly prohibited.
- Male and female participants may not occupy the same room at any time. Roommate changes are not permitted. Once you are assigned to a room you may not change rooms. No exceptions.
- Attendance at the player orientation is mandatory. Any player failing to attend the player orientation may be subject to disqualification.
- Proper golf attire is required at all times during the practice round and tournament play. Questionable attire will be reviewed by the Tournament Director. Players in violation of the dress code will not be permitted to tee off and may be assessed stroke penalties.
- Hats/visors must be worn with brim forward.
- Collared shirts must be worn and tucked in at all times with the following exceptions: women’s shirts without a collar must have sleeves. Men’s shirts without a collar must have a tight neck fit. T-shirts are prohibited.
- No tank tops, short-shorts, denim shorts, cut-off shorts, gym shorts, t-shirts or jeans.
- Appropriate resort attire is required at all times while off the golf course.
Code of Conduct Violation Penalties
- One stroke penalty for each act of unsportsmanlike behavior on the golf course.
- A serious act of unsportsmanlike behavior on the course may result in the player being immediately disqualified from the tournament, subject to review of the Rules Committee. Any Code of Conduct violation off the course may also result in the player being disqualified from the tournament and immediately sent home subject to review of the Junior Golf Committee.
Advice (Rule 10) is any counsel or suggestion which could influence a player in determining his play, the choice of a club or the method of making a stroke. In addition, any conversation between player/spectator may be construed as advice. This includes any conversation between player/spectator in their native language. In either instance, penalty for breach of this rule is two strokes. Players are responsible for the actions of their relatives and spectators in regards to this rule. Keeping the above statement in mind, please keep your conversation with the player to words of encouragement as long as advice is not given. Spectators attend Optimist Golf events at their own risk. Please turn off all cell phones while on the course.
Spectator carts are not allowed at the Championship. Other Optimist Tournaments is based on availability for a fee. Spectators should stay on cart paths. In the absence of cart paths, we ask that spectators stay in the rough. Please stay off fairways, tees and greens. Spectators should stay one shot ahead of the group they are following. This allows spectators to follow errant shots and help identify where the ball comes to rest. Spectators are allowed to aid in the search for lost golf balls.
Spectators should not give rulings. Please seek a rules official if the need arises. Spectators are allowed to carry medicine, drinks, food, umbrellas, etc. The Rules Official may assess a penalty to the player based on the severity of the spectator violation. If a serious breach has occurred, the spectator may be asked to leave the facility. For your personal safety, we ask you exercise caution at all times. When inclement weather moves into the area, play will be suspended by sounding airhorns. Accordingly, you should seek shelter immediately. The staff will evacuate players from the course first and then spectators. Spectators are not permitted to consume alcoholic beverages while on the golf course, in any Optimist meal function or planned indoor event. Please use descretion when smoking around players on the courses.