2018 Reel Optimism Video Contest
"Living the Creed"
Who is eligible to participate?
Any Optimist or Junior Optimist Club can participate in the contest.
- “Living the Creed – Adult” – a video (3:00 minutes or less) that visually illustrates the topic of the Optimist Creed. Submissions by adult Clubs only.
- “Living the Creed – Youth” – a video (3:00 minutes or less) that visually illustrates the topic of Optimist Creed. Submissions by Junior Optimist Clubs only.
Entries will be judged based on original content, creativity, composition, story quality and the extent to which the topic question was answered. All types of submissions are encouraged!
Video judging criteria and voting details:
- Club should be stated or included visually
- Theme should be utilized for script creation and visuals.
- Viewers should clearly understand how entrant visually illustrates the Optimist Creed by the completion of the video.
A limited number of finalists (five) in each category will be chosen by a panel involving Members of the Optimist International Marketing & Communications Committee and Optimist International staff based on the following criteria.
- Club name included in video [10 points]
- Explanation/utilization of theme [10 points]
- Use of visuals, visual effects [20 points]
- Creativity [20 points]
- Clear storyline and flow of video [10 points]
- Use of time [20 points]
- Video quality [10 points]
- Finalist videos will be unveiled and open to the public for their vote. Votes will be captured via traditional vote button clicks.
How to Enter:
Use the creativity of Club Members, partners and resources in your community to create a short video that illustrates the topic of “Living the Creed”
- Adult Optimist Clubs may submit a video in the “Living the Creed – Adult” category.
- Junior Optimist Clubs may submit a video in the “Living the Creed – Youth” category.
- Clubs must include their Club name and location (city and state/province) when submitting.
February 16 – April 20, 2018
Members and Clubs submit videos on www.optimist.org/ReelOptimism following the submission guidelines.
May 11, 2018
Finalists in each category will be announced and voting will be opened to the public.
May 31, 2018
Public voting ends.
June 1, 2018
The videos receiving the most votes in each category will be announced. All Reel Optimism video submissions will be shown at the 2018 Optimist International Convention in Ottawa. Winning Clubs and individuals will be invited on stage to receive their awards
- Best “Living the Creed – Adult” award - $1,500 Club grant
- Best “Living the Creed – Youth” award - $1,500 Club grant
Optimist adult and youth Clubs that receive a Club grant award must use the funds for a Club project that benefits youth in their community.
To view past Reel Optimism videos, visit our YouTube channel.