This is a SEO version of Winter 2015 Magazine English Final. Click here to view full version« Previous Page Table of Contents Next Page »
14 • The Optimist Winter 2015 • 15
Bring Out the Best in Your Club in the 2015
The 2015 Reel Optimism contest asks your Club to create either a 30 second clip or a Club showcase video that fnishes the sentence, “Optimists Bring Out THE BEST…” Based on the growth of last year’s Club video contest, Reel Optimism is expanding to include four separate categories and to allow JOOI Clubs the chance to submit an entry. Plus, a new web-based submissions hub and voting platform will allow Members and the general public to view entries, share via social media and vote on their favorite videos. Start planning and flming your Club’s video now!
2015 Contest Categories
• 30 Second Challenge – a short piece about how Optimists Bring Out THE BEST in you, your Club, your community, etc.
• Club Showcase – a feature video (3 minutes or less) highlighting your Club’s community event, project, fundraiser or other activity.
• 30 Second Youth Challenge - a short piece about how Optimists Bring Out THE BEST in you, your JOOI Club, your community, etc.
• Youth Club Showcase – a feature video (3 minutes or less) highlighting your JOOI Club’s community event, project, fundraiser or other activity.
Club grant prizes will be awarded for THE BEST Overall Award in addition to top videos in each of the four categories. Grants are provided by Optimist International, the Optimist International Foundation and the Canadian Children’s Optimist Foundation.
2015 Contest Schedule
• February 15-April 15: Members and Clubs submit videos following submission guidelines.
• May 1: Finalists in each category will be announced. Voting open to the public.
• May 15: Public voting ends.
• July 5-11: Winners announced during 2015 JOOI Convention and International Convention in New Orleans.
Entries will be judged and nominated as finalists based on
• Club name included in video
• Explanation and utilization of theme • Use of imagery and visual effects • Creativity
• Storyline and flow • Use of time
• Name of project clearly stated
More details: www.optimist.org/ReelOptimism
C o n t e s t