This is a SEO version of Winter 2015 Magazine English Final. Click here to view full version« Previous Page Table of Contents Next Page »
20 • The Optimist Winter 2015 • 21
Many golfers competing in the Optimist Junior Golf tournaments possess the potential to become leading collegiate and professional players
Some of our more recent Optimist Junior Golf Championship participants are now on the PGA Tour and LPGA Tour.
Former champions and top finishers of the Optimist International Junior Golf Championships include Lexi Thompson, Jason Day, Beth Bauer, Jonathan Byrd, Bubba Dickerson, Brittany Lincicome, Jeff Overton, Stacy Prammanasudh and Jennifer Rosales.
REASONS GOLFERS PLAY IN OUR QUALIFIERS TO ADVANCE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIPS
• One of the top International Junior Golf Tournaments in the world
• Ranked by JuniorGolf Scoreboard, Golfweek, Amateur Golf World Ranking and included in the AJGA “Performance Based Entry Process”
• Over 30 college coaches attend and recruit • Compete against golfers from all over the world
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE AND DIFFERENT FROM OTHER TOURNAMENTS
Parents and Optimist Members may not realize the value in registering a child in a tournament. The tournament registration fee is only $720.00 per golfer ($650.00 for District Winners), which includes: • Tournament entry fee
• Golf (practice round and tournament rounds) • Five nights lodging
• Five breakfasts and four dinners
• Access to all special events including glow ball, long-drive competition, educational seminar and video arcade room **Additional fees will apply for parents/guests**
Are you interested in getting involved? Contact your District Junior Golf Chair today and help sponsor a player for a trip to Florida.
If you are looking for Junior Golf fundraising ideas or have ideas to share, please contact Optimist Junior Golf Staff by calling 800.500-8130 ext. 207.
OPTIMIST JUNIOR GOLF TOUR 2015
Junior Golf Tour Events in 2015 are in addition to the 56 Optimist Qualifers: • Greg Norman Champion Golf Academy Open -- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina -- February 20-22, 2015
• WaterChase Golf Club, Fort Worth, Texas -- March 14-15, 2015 • Core Golf Academy Open, Orange County National -- Orlando, Florida -- April 2-4, 2015
Information on all tournaments is available on the online at golf.optimist.org
OPtimist Junior Golf Brings Together
The 2015 JOOI Convention will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana on July 6-8. Registration for adults and youth is $199 (lunches and dinners included). Hotel reservations can be made at the Hilton Riverside, New Orleans, LA. To book your reservation or for more information on room types and upgrades available, please call (800) 445-8667 or (504) 584-3959. When calling, remember to mention the dates and group name "Junior Optimist Octagon
As long as there are sleeping rooms available, the deadline to make your reservation is June 17, 2015.
Convent i on
As of October 1, 2014, Shumsky is the official supplier for all Clubs in the United States and the Caribbean. Shumsky provides a fresh perspective on how branded items, promotional products and custom-developed ideas can be used to bring out the best in your Club needs. For details, visit Shumsky's new Optimist International supplier at www.shumskyideas.com/optimist or call (877) 678-2582.