Optimist International Tournament of Champions
In order to be considered for the Tournament of Champions, golfers must submit a tournament application no later than October 4, 2013. Acceptance into the Tournament of Champions is based on a golfer's results in past Optimist Junior Golf championships and District qualifiers in addition to a golfer's Junior Golf Scoreboard and/or Golfweek ranking and state/provincial, regional, national and international tournament experience. See below for eligibility details.
Category 1 (Exempt)
Golfers who fit into one of the categories below are EXEMPT into the Tournament of Champions. Registrations will be automatically accepted for golfers who fit into these categories, provided a golfer submits an application by the stated deadline.
International Golf Course at ChampionsGate Photo courtesy ChampionsGate Golf Club
(1) Top 20 (and ties) of the Boys 14-15 and Girls 13-14 divisions and top 30 (and ties) of the Boys 16-18 and Girls 15-18 divisions from the summer 2013 Optimist International Junior Golf Championships.
(2) Top 10 (and ties) of the Boys 16-18 division of the fall 2012 Optimist International Tournament of Champions.
(3) Top 5 (and ties) of the Boys 14-15 and Girls 14-18 divisions of the fall 2012 Optimist International Tournament of Champions.
(4) Included in the top 100 overall Junior Golf Scoreboard or Golfweek rankings as of September 1, 2013.
Priority consideration will be given to golfers who fit into one the following categories:
(1) Top third of the field of the Boy 10-11, 12-13, 14-15 and 16-18, Girls 10-12, 13-14 and 15-18 divisions of the summer 2013 Optimist International Junior Golf Championships.
(2) Boys 10-11, 12-13, 14-15 and 16-18, Girls 10-12, 13-14 and 15-18 division winners of an official 2013 Optimist District qualifying tournament.
(3) Champions (oldest boys and girls age divisions only) of any Golfweek ranked tournament occurring between October 1, 2012 and September 30, 2013.
Category 3 Golfers who do not fit into one of the categories above are encouraged to apply and we will consider your application on a case-by-case and space-available basis.
International Tournament of Champions is nationally ranked by the Junior
Golf Scoreboard and Golfweek and is included in the AJGA Performance Based