International Vice President-Elect NomineePaul W. Lucas
Odessa Optimist Club, TexasOther Optimist Clubs you belonged to in the past:
Midland Optimist Club, Texas
Date you first joined an Optimist Club:
Year(s) you were a Club President:
September 8, 1993
Year(s) you were a Lieutenant Governor:
Year(s) you were a District Governor:
International Offices or positions you have held:
- International Board Member at Large (2011-14)
- Certified International Trainer (2004-16)
- Certified Trainer Board (2008-11)
- Certified Trainer Board Chair (2009-10)
- Leadership Development Committee (2004-05, 2009-10)
- Leadership Development Committee Chair (2008-09, 2010-11)
- Credentials Committee (2005-06)
- Membership Committee (2006-07)
- Governance Committee (2007-08)
- Governance Committee Chair (2015-16)
- Finance Committee Chair (2014-15)
- Pension Trustee (2016-17)
Optimist Awards achieved:
- PGI Level 10
- North Texas District Ralph Waller Past Governor Award (2015)
- North Texas District Member of the Year (1999)
- Double Distinguished Club President (1998-99)
- Distinguished and Outstanding Lt. Governor (1999-00)
What are your primary qualifications for this office?
Record of involvement and achievement in Optimist International, professional, and other civic organizations
Why should a Club vote for you?
I will work to serve my Region and ensure our team provides the leadership needed to help Clubs bring out the best in their community and Members, and have proven this ability through a long record of active involvement in many roles with Optimist International.
What specific things will you do to help the Clubs and Districts in your Region?
I will work together with local leadership to achieve a consistent and organized implementation of growth and expansion goals. I will utilize my experiences as a Board Member at Large and active committee member to help our team achieve the most for our Clubs, communities, and organization.
Anything else you would like to say to Clubs.
I have worked to make a difference in my local community through Optimist International and other organizations. I look forward to the opportunity to serve in this role.
2017-18 President-Elect Candidates:
2017-18 Board Director at Large Candidates (2 to be elected):
2017-18 Vice Presidents-Elect Candidates: