What is the Reel Optimism Campaign? It is the first annual video contest for Optimist Clubs and Members to represent their experience of being an Optimist in a creative and powerful way.
Topic: "What does Optimism mean to you and your Club?"
Who is eligible to participate? While we encourage all Clubs to participate, only Clubs in the United States and the Caribbean are eligible to receive a Club Grant from the Optimist International Foundation.
How to Enter:
- Using the creativity of your Club Members and resources in your community to create a short, three minute or under, video answering the question, "What does Optimism mean to you and your Club?"
- Upload your finished video to YouTube by March 1, 2013. Your video submission must include your Club name and the hashtag #ReelOptimism. Including this hashtag will make it easier for us to find your submission.
- Include a video description and "tags" for your video.
- After the video is uploaded, email the video link to email@example.com.
For detailed instructions, click here.
October 1, 2012 - March 1, 2013
Members and Clubs can submit videos on YouTube following the submission guidelines.
May 1, 2013
Finalists will be announced and voting will be opened to the public.
May 15, 2013
Public voting will end and winning Clubs will be notified.
July 4-6, 2013
Winning videos will be announced during the 2013 International Convention and Clubs will be invited on stage receive their Club Grant.
Entries will be judged based on original content, creativity, composition and the extent to which the topic question was answered. We encourage all types of submissions!
$1,000 Club Grant
$500 Club Grant
$250 Club Grant
- Contact your local library, college or high school media class for help editing your video.
- Get as many of your Club Members involved as you can.
- Like our page on Facebook to catch updates and connect with others Optimists who are creating videos: www.facebook.com/reeloptimism
- Include footage of your club events or projects to give the viewer a sense of the direct impact your Club has on the community.
If you would like to discuss this program further, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 500-8130.